Corporate Social Responsibility / About CYMOT
CYMOT believes in supporting various initiatives in terms of its corporate social responsibility. CYMOT supports educational and various nature conservational initiatives, as well as sport codes and events linked to CYMOT’s trading activities.
CYMOT has been the main sponsor of the CYMOT Rally 2012, which took place on the 20th of October 2012 and we are very pleased that this event was a huge success!
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- CYMOT Rally
- Namibian Cycle Classic (Rotary) – main sponsor since 1998
- Rock ‘n Rut MTB Club
- Crockango Fishing Competition Rundu
- Namibia Rock ‘n Surf Angling Association
- NaDEET (Namib Desert Environmental Education Trust) - www.nadeet.org
- Afri – Leo Foundation
- People & Wildlife Solutions - www.pawsnamibia.org
- Africat Foundation
- Wild Dog Research Project
Apart from the above initiatives, CYMOT had during 2008 and 2009 embarked on an extensive program to collect old car batteries throughout Namibia. The scrap batteries were then returned for recycling purposes to the factory in South Africa. This initiative was driven through rewarding those persons returning old batteries with cash. CYMOT is extremely pleased that during the first year more than 40 000 old batteries were taken back by CYMOT and as such are no longer an environmental hazard in Namibia.
Furthermore CYMOT has been the first automotive paints supplier to launch the environmentally friendly waterborne paint products in Namibia. This latest technology PPG HP Envirobase paint does no longer contain solvents and is in compliance with the latest European environmental legislation.
CYMOT IS A CORPORATE MEMBER OF
- Namibia Chamber of Commerce and Industry (NCCI)
- Namibian Employers Federation (NEF)
- Namibia Nature Foundation (NNF) - www.nnf.org.na
- Southern African Protective Equipment Marketing Association (SAPEMA)